Who says you can’t have beer first thing in the morning? And while we are at it, let’s not limit ourselves to breakfast, these pancakes have the potential to be your new favorite “breakfast for dinner” meal as well.
Makes about 15 Pancakes
3.5 Cups of All Purpose Baking Mix
1/3 Cup of Toasted Pine Nuts
1/2 Cup Currants
2 Cups of Beer (Pale Ale Works Best)
2 Large Eggs
1/4 Cup of Vegetable Oil
Optional: Butter, Maple Syrup, Ice Cream, Bacon Bits
- Combine nuts, currants, and baking mix into a bowl and mix until the ingredients are evenly combined. Make well in center of dry ingredients and add beer, eggs, and vegetable oil to the mix.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over a campfire or Camping Stove/Grill.
- Coat the pan with a tablespoon of oil and ladle a 1/4 cup of batter into the pan for each pancake.
- Cook until the pancakes are slightly raised (about 3-4 minutes).
- Cook pancakes on the opposite side until they are golden brown (about 1 minute).
- Re-coat the pan with oil and repeat until batter is gone.
- Enjoy with your choice of butter, maple syrup, bacon bits, and ice cream.