purchased my cooler from ACK fast shipping great price. I am however a bit disappointed with the performance of this cooler. I purchased this cooler for my boat to replace an old igloo with the igloo I was spending about $20 a week on ice. after reading reviews and researching other coolers I chose this one. Figuring if I could keep the contents cold with half the ice I used in the old cooler (same size) It was worth it. I iced the cooler 25 pounds of ice loaded full with bottles of beer, wine coolers etc. 3 days later ice was gone. So now everything was chilled I restocked the cooler with ice again 25 pound it has been 3 days and again ice is gone. I do not notice any difference from the igloo other than its nicer looking.
Peter Burgess PhD
* Fifty dollars less than the comparable size Yeti on ACK.
* Virtually the same functional quality.
1) I usually buy top-of-the-line products because I don't like being suckered into buying inferior crap under the illusion that I'm getting more value. However, after learning what I could on-
line re: the posted specs, I don't think the Yeti is substantially superior to the Engel.
2) Although the Engel's lid tie down clamps are not as robust (for example, they probably won't last if you use them to compress the cooler's contents), I prefer their flat profile; and unless you plan on routinely physically stressing your cooler, this shouldn't be a problem.
3) I used this cooler to haul 40 - 1 lb. packages of frozen lamb 5 hours in the back of my truck with an outside temperature of 60 degrees. The lamb only took up about 25% of the interior space. For a test, I parked it in front of my upright freezer and waited three days - the lamb was still granite-hard.
Call Customer Service: 888-828-3828
Mon - Fri 8am-6pm CST
Sat - Sun 10am-5pm CST