Using the Davis Instruments Hand Bearing Compass, you can easily obtain quick magnetic bearings on shore or floating objects. Obtain a bearing simply by aligning front and rear sights on an object and reading off bearing. The Davis Instruments Hand Bearing Compass uses include quick bearing or position set, determination of angular gain or loss on the competition while racing, checking distance offshore, establishing lee-bow set while cruising or racing in currents, drift vectoring and plotting a line of position.
• Liquid-damped compass card graduated in 5° segments, bold graduations every 15° for easy reading
• Large, contoured handle designed for sure, steady grip and
angled forward for added control
• Lightweight design for easier bearing
• Lanyard and instructions included
• Can be used on shore or while in a floating craft