Looking for a sit-on-top that is great for day touring but could be ideal for an overnight too? The Necky Vector 13 kayak is the rare sit-on-top that paddles like a sit-inside touring craft, giving you the best of both water worlds. Indeed, it's a perfect blend of styles, with sit-on-top stability and sit-in performance. Central to the Vector 13's performance is a unique touring style seat designed to deliver all day comfort. Featuring a sculpted, supportive back band and molded foam base, the Vector 13's seat was engineered to reduce pressure on the sciatic nerve and prevent leg and foot fatigue associated with paddling longer distances. The Vector 13 also features an innovative nylon tank well cover with multiple adjustment points, similar to a backpack's compression panel, which provides secure storage without sacrificing access. The Vector 13 boasts a longer waterline than most traditional sit-on-top kayaks resulting in an easy glide and superior tracking. When propelled forward the boats' bow enters into the water quickly and smoothly, while a slightly flattened stern results in a shallow draft to help eliminate drag. A true sea going kayak, the Vector 13 can be equipped with a rudder system for increased control in currents, wind and waves. The Vector is self-bailing for a dry, comfortable ride and offers a host of additional features including adjustable foot pedals, Quick Seal bow hatch featuring the Cross Lock buckle system, a mesh storage pouch and scupper plugs. The new Support Track Foot Brace System is intuitive, easy to reach, and quick to adjust. The contoured rubber is comfortable and offers a great grip, even with bare feet. Optional 6 in. hatch (shown) fits in the rear tankwell - sold separately.
|Review:||I bought my ruddered vector 13 to paddle on the lake that I live on. It is everything that I hoped for in a SOT kayak. I have taken my vector out on several area river paddling trails and have been very impressed with how well it performs on the rivers as well. I am a happy owner of a Necky Vector 13. Next month I am taking it to the Gulf. Woo Hoo!|
|Review:||I tested out several kayaks over the weekend. I was looking for a good paddling SOT kayak, and willing to sacrifice some stability for speed. In the Vector 13, I didnt feel that I was sacrificing much in terms of stability, and it had good speed. My comparisons were done with the aid of a gps, comparing similar paddling efforts. I also tried out the Vector 14, which was faster, but noticeably less stable, and would likely be a lot wetter ride where I do most of my paddling -- open water. I also looked at a WS Tarpon 140, which was slower but very stable, and the Tetra 12, which wasnt quite as fast but did better than I would have guessed. Ultimately, I chose the Vector 13 for its combination of speed, stability, comfort, and size. I came to two other conclusions: 1 You really need to try these boats out, as your size and weight affect the dynamics of these kayaks, and 2 The basic dimensions of the kayak tell you 90% of what you need to know about the relative performance of these boats. The other 10% are ergonomics of the seat, roominess, and creature comforts which you can only find out by paddling these boats.|
|Review:||I received my vector a few months ago and it has been BY FAR, the best SOT I have owned, I came to it from a Prowler Trident 15, which is also a good boat. The Vector is easily just as stable as the larger, heavier, slower prowler. It has very good hull speed for a SOT, its not a touring kayak, it just isn't, sorry. but for a SOT with excellent stability and being relatively short, it is fast as hell. It lacks any rod holders, which is not the end of the world, Scotty has your back. The webbing on the back is monumental in terms of keeping what you put back there, back there. you can cinch down your gear tight, and no matter what, be it roll over, or a crazy cliff launch, it is staying where You put it. This is a great boat to fish from, or just to pleasure paddle, tracking is great for a 13' boat. Its not an all day touring boat, the hull speed is not comparable to a 16+ foot skinny sit inside, but no sane person should expect it to be. Given the price point and the performance, this is one the best SOT kayaks out there.|
|Review:||I purchased this kayak about a month ago and can't tell you how much I've enjoyed it! I live in FL and new to kayaking. I use the kayak in the Gulf and a bay nearby. Very easy to maneuver and moves with ease. The kayak is light and roomy with lots of storage space. I've used in the Gulf with 4ft waves...this thing just worked through the waves. If you're looking for a sit-on-top kayak, look no further!|