We asked our Facebook fans, “What’s one piece of advice you’d give to a 1st time paddler?” Some of the responses were serious and some were just downright funny. Here’s 10 of our favorites:
1. Don’t go without wearing your PFD. — Advice from Don P., JT L., Gary L., Lisa W., Billy M., Jonathan B., Travis A., Michael P., Laura B., David F., Alan D., Heath G., Erica H., Eric B., Robert R., Chuck B., Lee H., Bobby C., Robin L. and Randy V.
When 20 paddlers give the same advice, you gotta think it’s important, huh?
2. Relax, breath deeply, and enjoy the view. — Advice from Loretta H.
3. You are going to get wet. Plan on it. — Advice from Don I.
4. Just enjoy yourself! You will never forget it! — Advice from Cathie G.
5. Remember, however far you go, you have to go the same distance to get back. — Advice from JW E.
6. Buy from Austin Kayak. — Advice from John M. Have to agree with this one! 🙂
7. Bring a fishing pole and enough beer for you and your kayak buddies you’ll meet along the river! — Taylor S.
8. Paddle faster if you hear banjos! — Advice from Norman T.
9. Your paddle is just as important as your kayak. — Advice from David T.
10. Tie your gear down! — Advice from Carla M.
Share your advice for 1st time paddlers by commenting below! The entire collection of responses can be found here.