With a new year comes new adventure and paddlers everywhere are looking ahead to what they want 2014 to hold for them and their kayak, canoe or paddle board. I decided to find out what types of paddling goals were being set by asking our ACK social pages. Here were the 5 most common paddling goals that I heard:
- Paddle more. More than anything else, paddlers said they just wanted to get out on the water more in 2014.
- Learn how to roll. This specialized paddling skill is one that sets the novice and expert apart and can be done in just about any sit-inside kayak.
- Buy my first kayak. Many paddlers get on the water using rentals or a friend’s second ‘yak and are ready to have their own in 2014. Hey, we can help with that!
- Paddle a particular body of water. It might be an old favorite or a destination well known for beautiful paddling views (like Glacier Bay, Alaska). I’d like to visit Texas’ Devil’s River!
- Catch ___ from my kayak. Kayak anglers are hoping 2014 will be the year they catch the big one, and for some that means a 20 lb Striper off the coast and others just means their first bass. Whatever your kayak fishing goals are for 2014, I wish you luck!
So what’s your paddling goal for 2014? Share it by commenting below and then check out what goals ACK Facebook Fans set for themselves.