Earlier this month, I started geeking out about new gear I picked up in preparation for my three and half day camping trip to Zion National Park this Labor Day weekend. The one week countdown is here, so I thought I should figure out how I’m going to fit it all in my pack. The gear packing has begun…
Check the Gear Packing Spread
1. Performance apparel from (mostly) Columbia
2. Kayak shaped cribbage board and tablet full of e-books
3. The speaker half of the Goal Zero Nomad 7 Solar Panel rock out combo
4. Eureka’s Warrior Lantern minus the remote control
5. Trusty Chaco Sandals for hikes around the water, AKA the Narrows
6. Pair of hiking shoes for hikes not around the water, AKA Angel’s Landing
7. Some emergency gear like a first aid kit, whistle, headlamp and dry case for my phone
8. MSR Nook Tent
9. Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite sleeping pad
10. Therm-a-Rest Blanket that snaps right onto the sleeping pad
11. Food cache full of 3.5 days worth of food to avoid any kind of critter encounter
12. Camping utensils from Light My Fire and Optmius
13. Collapsible water tank from Platypus
14. Jetboil Flash Stove
15. Terra 65 Backpack from North Face
In addition to my main pack, I’ll be bringing along a smaller daypack for hiking. I’ve added a Camelbak Reservoir and mounted a Goal Zero Nomad 7 Solar Panel to it to charge things like my phone on the trail.
You Saw My Gear Packing Spread, Now Show Me Yours!
There are so many ways to approach camping and so many different pieces of gear you can bring along. I want to know what goes into your pack! Share your list by commenting below or send your spread pic to email@example.com and we’ll share our favorites on our social pages!