ACK Kayak Fishing Gear Guide: A Visual Presentation

| April 2, 2013 | 10 Comments

When it comes to gearing up for kayak fishing, you really only need a few essential items such as your paddle, PFD, rod holders, a paddle leash and an anchor. But, when your fishing adventures become more numerous and you find yourself hitting your favorite fishing spots earlier and for a longer period of time, so will the need for more specialized kayak fishing gear. Check out this gear guide for some suggestions. – Roland @ACK

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Category: Gear Guide, Kayak Fishing

Comments (10)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Steve Davis says:

Enjoyed the info. Am new to kayaking and any and all information is welcome.

After the way yall treated me when I purchased my kayak, I will always purchase additional equipment from yall and advise my friends and family to do the same. (Loving the Moken)

I would be a reference for yall anytime.

Thank you!

• Steve, thank you so much. We certainly appreciate the kind words and of course your business. Glad you enjoyed the information. Hope to hear about your adventures! – Roland

2. Mike Wickham says:

A downloadable PDF would be nice.

3. Nando mendoza says:

What would a rig like this cost? Been thinking about doing this for a while now bones just don’t know where to start. This info is very useful thanks. If you can email me a price list.

4. Nando, the price list varies significantly depending on the specific items. However, if you click on each item shown it will take you to our website where you can see pricing. If you have questions, please fee free to email me directly at Thanks!

5. Scott says:

What’s the make and model of the kayak shown in the example?

• Genna Tardi says:

This boat is the discontinued Native Mantaray 12’/14′. Native Watercraft has plenty of similar boats including:

Please let us know what you think of these. We’d be happy to give you any and all needed assistance.

• Scott says:

Thanks Genna! I wanted to get a boat I could grow with but will do the job right off the line (without having to install the rudder at first and be able to add on as need be). These look to be just the thing I need. Thanks again!

• Genna Tardi says:

Absolutely, not a problem! Good to know we pick you some good ones. Again, if you do have any further questions don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1 888 828 3828. Have a great Monday!